THE ACCE INSURANCE PROGRAMS and AGIA Respect Your Privacy Protecting your privacy is very important to us. Policyholders like you have trusted us with your insurance needs for many years, and we take our obligation to safeguard and secure your personal information very seriously. We want you to understand how we protect your privacy and when we collect and use your information.
Table of Contents
- The Information We Collect
- Information We Obtain From You
- Information About Your Transactions
- The Information We Disclose
- Confidentiality and Security
- Additional Information for Our Website Users
- What to Do If You Have Privacy or Security Concerns
- We obtain personal information from you directly, from your transactions with us, and from third parties such as MIB for underwriting purposes.
- We will not sell your information to third parties.
- Any third parties who perform services for us are required to safeguard any customer information and may only use it in connection with performing those services.
- We extensively secure and limit access to your information.
- We protect information about potential, current, and former policyholders.
The Information We Collect
Non-public personally identifiable information (“Information”) is information that identifies you and is not available to the general public. The following sections tell you more about how and when we collect your Information.
Information We Obtain From You
During the quoting, application or claims handling processes you may give us Information such as your:
- Phone number
- Email address
- ACCE Member number
- Social Security number
- Driver’s license number
- Date of birth
If you gave us your email address, AGIA may use it from time to time to notify you of such things as new services, special offers, or to confirm transactions. If you do not wish to be contacted by email for non-policy related communications, you may select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any AGIA email you receive.
Information About Your Transactions
We may collect Information about your transactions and experiences with us and others, such as your payment history, claims, and coverage.
The Information We Disclose
Information about our customers or former customers will only be disclosed as permitted or required by law. Information about you that has been collected is maintained in your policy and/or claims records.
We use this Information to process and service your policy; to settle claims; with your consent; or as directed by you. We may also disclose it to persons or organizations as necessary to perform transactions you request or authorize.
Information about our former customers and about individuals who have applied for coverage is safeguarded to the same extent as Information about our current policyholders.
Following are some examples of how we may disclose Information:
We must exchange Information about you with our insurance carriers and other persons who are or will become involved in processing your application and servicing your policy or any claims you may make.
We may share Information with persons or organizations that we have determined need the Information to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us. These include businesses that help us with administrative functions.
If the law in your state permits, we may share Information with financial institutions with which we have a joint-marketing agreement. All of these entities are obligated to keep the Information that we provide to them confidential and to use the Information only for the purpose for which the Information was provided.
Information may be provided to organizations conducting actuarial research or audits. In this case, you will not be individually identified in any research report. The organization must agree not to re-disclose the Information and the Information will be returned to us or destroyed when it is no longer needed.
We may also share your Information for other permitted purposes, including:
- with our re-insurers;
- with insurance-support organizations that detect and prevent fraud;
- with medical professionals or institutions in order to verify coverage or conduct operations or services audits;
- with state insurance departments or other governmental or law enforcement authorities if required by law or to protect our legal interests or in cases of suspected fraud or illegal activities;
- if ordered by a subpoena, search warrant or other court order.
Confidentiality and Security
We restrict access to your Information to employees who we have determined need it in order to provide products or services to you. We train our employees to safeguard customer information and we require them to sign confidentiality and non-disclosure agreements. We maintain strict physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your Information from unauthorized access by third parties. Your Security is Important to us.
Additional Information for Our Website Users
We continuously improve acceinsurance.com. We are interested in how visitors use our website, what they like and dislike, and where they have problems. We may gather data on how users navigate our site so we can make acceinsurance.com an easy place to do business. Our tools may gather data such as what browser a person uses or even what pages are most popular.
What to Do if You Have Privacy or Security Concerns
If you have a concern about privacy or security at AGIA, we want to hear about it by mail or email.
Please write to us at:
AGIA – Attention Compliance Department
1155 Eugenia Place
Carpinteria, CA 93013-2062
or email us at email@example.com